Thanks

The Lives of Others, which I just finished watching, is a brilliant movie. If you haven't seen it, go rent it. If you have, read on...I haven't seen anything this good in a while. I think one of the things I liked most about it was the unspoken thanks between the two main characters. Sometimes I guess, in weird situations someone can save your life without your knowing it until much later. And then, how do you thank someone for doing something for which you can never repay them? Most likely this is not in terms of literally saving my life, but I know that I too, have been the recipient of unspoken good deeds, some of which I probably don't even know about yet, and may never find out. I have discovered that there were a couple of professors that did this sort of thing for me to help me along ,without my knowledge at the time. It is comforting to know that there are people like that in academia. Good people. Okay. I got sappy there, but its true.

No comments: