Shopping in my closet

I'm getting ready to travel for the first of my invited talks this semester. As I've been preparing this talk, which is based on my dissertation project, but framed a bit differently to suit the conference theme, I've found an entirely new angle on my data. This angle has always been there, hiding, under the surface, but I didn't notice it before. This confirms what people say about writing being thinking, because my thoughts didn't get to this place without the writing I did to prep the talk. I'm not going to explicitly present on this angle, but this is certainly a direction that I'll be taking some of my future work, which is really exciting! This feels like going shopping in my closet, discovering a great new outfit from pieces you already had but didn't put together.

No comments: