Alice's soynog latte recipe

I've started early on my eggnog lattes this year, but fortunately, I don't have to buy them because they are pretty easy to make at home. Here's what I do:

1. Start with a giant microwaveable mug, 16oz is perfect. I have a holiday mug that is oversized and works well.
2. Depending on how strong you like it, about half fill it with Silk Nog. This has all the yumminess without eggs, cholesterol or dairy. It is a bit on the sweet side, but that's why it is only available seasonally. Microwave for about 1-2 minutes. I like it pretty hot and frothy, so I usually go for two minutes, but I have a clunky old microwave, so your timing may vary.
3. In the meantime, brew a cup of coffee the way you like it. These days, I do a one-cup presspot which is good and strong.
4. Add the coffee to the nog and drink up!

This has been just the treat I have needed to get through this yukky part of the semester. I hope you'll enjoy it too.

No comments: