Last bite of summer

Forget all the other stuff on your list, this is what you need to do before summer ends:
Ready? Its just one thing. Simple and good. An absolute must, if you ask me. Bake one of these using farmer's market organic tomatoes and corn. I've never had a pie quite like this, creamy inside, with chunks of baked tomatoes and a generous helping of summer corn, with fresh basil, chives and the perfect amount of cheese. I was sold on that biscuit crust alone, but the filling, oh, the filling is simply spectacular. This is what summer is all about!

It is totally worth the 30 minutes it takes to make. I did the crust in the food processor and it turned out fabulous. Within an hour the whole thing was done and baked and I was off to a picnic on my bicycle, pie in tow.

I started the day overwhelmed with everything that must happen before the summer is out. Now, I am convinced I can do it all. Summer isn't over yet.

1 comment:

Bookbag said...

That looks so delicious! I can't wait to try it out.