Relearning myself

The last few months have been a roller coaster for me emotionally. I kept trying to write something abstract about what was going on, or something unrelated, or again something that was obliquely related. In the end, I couldn't compose a decent post and gave it up altogether.

At this point, things seem to have resolved, not in the way that I had hoped, but still, it is a resolution. I feel like I can start the process of putting my feet back into my everyday life. I have a sense of forgetting who I was before it all happened, and even wonder if I can move ahead and put it all behind me.

I feel a little bit like a patient undergoing some sort of physical therapy to relearn the functions that I did so easily before everything happened. I'll be throwing myself into my work this week to try to maintain my focus in repeating the day-to-day actions that will again remind me of who I am, or at least, who I will need to be for right now.

5 comments:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Hang in there. Just know that we're all hear for you-- whether you want to blog or not!

AliceAcademic said...

Thanks for your support.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Super-cryptic, but: I hope you feel better anyway, and that things turn your way, whatever that entails.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well!

V said...

Hi! I started a blog aimed at helping people to cope with their PhD-related problems. I just try to talk about academia in an honest way. I would really appreciate if you come over and comment on some of the stuff that I wrote. Thanks!