Easing into work

The last time I got back from a trip (over Thanksgiving), I just woke up and bounced into work at 8 o'clock the next morning like a Tigger. I was really excited to get back to Monumental Project. I ended up burning out before the week was over, so badly that the following week's productivity tanked also. So last night, utterly exhausted from a return trip that ended up being much longer because of bad weather and delays, I promised myself I would not set my alarm clock. I'm still recovering from a cold, and my body was all sorts of tired already because of jet lag.

Today, I've just accomplished one thing and that's eating breakfast. Its 1.30pm. I'm still getting in gear to go to work. I feel like the biggest loser on the face of the earth, but I am hoping that this leads to me getting more done in the long run, because I feel wonderfully rested, finally.

2 comments:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

It's definitely more important to get rested; you did the right thing. It's totally a marathon, not a sprint.

I always always always need a vacation after vacations. I try to always allow myself at LEAST one buffer day before I have to emerge from my apartment.

AliceAcademic said...

I'm glad I did this already. It feels good to go to bed with a totally unpacked bag, bills paid, urgent work emails answered and lots of little admin things sorted through today, so I'm in a good spot to get some actual work done tomorrow.