Getting out and getting stuff done

Usually my Saturdays are pretty low key, I don't bust my butt to try to get a lot of school stuff done. Its like a bonus work day if I do get anything done. I always work on Sundays, so I figure one day off a week is decent. Today, however, was different. I spent much of the day at my office on campus. I'm amazed at how just getting out and getting in that work environment is conducive to getting work done. Now I'm experiencing my usual problem of trying to wind down after such a productive stint. I have to strike that balance of not getting too excited about work when I have returned home, so that I can fall asleep. To that effect, I'm sipping on the chamomile tea that was part of my birthday care package from my friend S. who lives in the desert and knows me too well. Yay for friends who know what you need and send it to you!

3 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Good for you for being productive. yesterday I went to the lab to work on my dirty crummy samples, but for a bunch of crappy reasons didn't get there till 2pm. EGM convinced me to just work really hard to get everything done to redeem the bad day. I was there till 10:45 working on the f***ers.
But, I got to move my progress counter up 7 and I had no trouble going to sleep!

AliceAcademic said...

I'd say you have a Twix bar coming your way!

EcoGeoFemme said...

I thought so too, but the vending machine didn't have any, so I got a snickers (almost as good). Then I had wine when I got home -- part of the reason it was easy to sleep!