Lost!

I am loving the new Coldplay CD, Viva La Vida. There is a sense of determination and purpose in these tunes, an upbeat crescendo to many of the tunes that make them seem to be going somewhere -- even though it isn't always clear where! The lyrics aren't necessarily helpful in this area either. Far from detracting from the music, though, it is just that ambiguity that affords it the flexibility to make these tunes the anthem songs for the purpose of the moment. I was listening to these on my long bike-ride to accomplish some mundane errands this afternoon, and it pumped me up for getting through the tasks at hand, and left me feeling inspired to keep checking things off my to-do list on a Monday, no less.

I like all of these songs right now and don't have a favorite right now, but today the song Lost struck me. I love the lines:
Just because I'm losing,
Doesn't mean I'm lost....

And, later...
I just got lost,
Every river that I tried to cross
Every door I ever tried was locked
Oh and I'm just waiting 'til the shine wears off

No comments: