Productivity challenge

You are so focused that everything you take on will bring you closer to the person you want to be. Consider this and mundane tasks become enjoyable.


That's my horoscope for today. Considering that I've been battling the most evil of allergies, (or maybe its a strange cold) since I got back, and spend my entire morning with a giant box of kleenex at my side, just about the only thing I have really been focused on is keeping my mouth open so that I can keep breathing, even when my nasal passages are not co-operating.

Needless to say, work has been secondary to breathing in priorities, and I seem to clear up as the afternoon comes around, when I can think a bit more clearly. I've gotten almost nothing done this morning, except put out some fires at PhD Uni, where the department admin seems to routinely miss deadlines and then send out last minute panicky emails to grad students. I keep thinking that I won't have any further dealings with PhD Uni. staff, but until I actually walk and get my diploma, I am still dealing with paperwork and craziness.

Here's hoping this afternoon's work actually does bring me closer to who I want to be, and right now, that's a fairly productive postdoc!

No comments: