December writing

Bloglily helped me to put some perspective on my November goal suckitude:

for every goal that is scored, a player has to make ten shots on goal. I love that fact. If you keep kicking in the general direction of the goal, and pay attention to where your kicks go, and try to make them straighter, truer and stronger, you will eventually get the ball in the net. If you are a writer, you have to take hundreds of shots, but that is the only significant difference between you and David Beckham. Well, almost.
.

So, instead of feeling sad about not meeting my goal, I'm gonna keep my counter on the blog. And, now that the evil writers' block has found someone else to block, as they say in New Orleans, "we rollin'." The writing parade for December is ON. I am going to get this dissertation out of my life before the year is up and that is that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rollin' Alice, you rollin'! I can't wait to see how it goes. Just remember, never say anything to yourself about the progress or quality of your work that you wouldn't say to a dear friend.

AliceAcademic said...

bloglily,
That sounds like such a sensible rule! Its funny how it is so much easier to be hard on ourselves. Thanks for your marvelous analogy that's gotten me back into my writing!